Tuesday, July 29, 2008

San Antonio...a romantic getaway


I probably should have blogged a long time ago but I got lazy, imagine that! Patrick and I went to San Antonio to celebrate our first anniversary. It was romantic, relaxing and refreshing. We enjoyed walking along the riverwalk and took the boat tour, despite the hot temperatures. It was somewhat of a rude awaking since we had just been in Chicago. We had dinner at a romantic riverwalk Italian restaurant, we even survived eating outside...misters and fans help with that! There was a mariachi band that played at our table! The typical cheesy romantic dinner!
Our hotel was amazing! Thanks to Sneaky Sunday (check their link out on our blog) we found a very city chic hotel right on the river. Patrick described it as "manly", the leather chair and clean lines did it for him! I liked the marble tile in the bathroom and the amazingly huge bed! Our anniversary was complete with cake and champagne. The cake was actually good! The perfect ending to the perfect year!

We ended our getaway with a trip to the Alamo. I am starting to understand why Texans are the way they are. I mean that lovingly of course! There is a lot of history in Texas and I can understand why Texans are so proud of their state! I am not a Texan but I am learning...



2 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Hope things are going well on your last few days of freedom before school starts!

Girl Fisher said...

San Antonio must be the place for first anniversaries! ;-)