Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Porch swings and summertime...

I was sitting on my parents porch swing, enjoying the breeze and cloudless sky, reflecting on summer. It truly does not feel like summer until you are sitting on the screened in porch with the breeze blowing and doing nothing! It is so peaceful I can hear birds chirping and the creaking of the swing going back and forth. It feels like a scene from a movie. This is how I have spent the past couple of days! The fact that we can be outside without sweating is amazing! You forget how hot Texas is until you leave and head north. It has been a relaxing start to a great vacation.

My mom and I were fortunate enough to go on a garden walk on Sunday...no sweating involved! The weather was almost as beautiful as the gardens. One of the homes that we went to had a great fruit garden (I'm sure there is a more technical/botanical term but I don't know what it is). There were cherry trees, pear trees and apple trees. It was so beautiful! Some of the gardens were so hidden you had to go hunting for them...it was like the secret garden! Check out the pond behind my mom and me, that is in someone's back yard! 

2 comments:

Girl Fisher said...

Would a fruit garden be an orchard? ;-) I'd love to see some cherry trees and get to pick fruit off them! That would be awesome! Looks like you're having a great time!

Susan said...

I'm so happy that ya'll are having a good time up in Chi town. Miss you!