Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lions, Tigers, and Giraffes! We Went to the Zoo!



You guessed it! Sara and I went to the Lincoln Park Zoo today in Chicago. This was my first, but certainly not last, visit to this particular zoo. It wasn't the best, or most amazing zoo, but it's free.


This beautiful tiger greeted us as we walked into the zoo.


I know this is a dark picture, but the male lion is just magnificent.


Then there were the tortoises playing leap frog...



...and the rhino trying to blend in with the rocks.




But perhaps the best part of all was the giraffes. They are Sara's and my favorite zoo animal.
(Probably because they are tall)






2 comments:

Jo said...

Looks like you guys are enjoying your summer break! Only 1 1/2 months left!!! Make every minute count!!! :)

The Goodwins said...

WEll I can see yall are having a great time, I was just begining to wonder where yall were. Good to know you havent fallen off the face of the earth, your just in Chicago. See you when you get back!!