Monday, July 14, 2008

happy anniversary..."I do"


One year ago today I married the man of my dreams. I remember it like it was yesterday....all the emotions come flooding back to me. 
Most little girls dream of their wedding day, standing in front of the bathroom mirror with a  towel draped over their heads practicing "I do". Then when you get older you dream of your "perfect" mate. You dream that someday you might meet someone who can be your best friend, or maybe the love of your life and if you are lucky a soul mate. I am certainly blessed because I married my soul mate, the love of my life and my best friend! I don't have to practice saying "I do" anymore but I will always strive to make those words true. The actions that come along with "I do" are far more important than the words themselves. 

I can still see you, as my dad walks me down the aisle, the glistening of a tear in the corner of your eye. It was at that moment that I felt complete. I do take you to be my husband and love you unconditionally for as long as God allows. I love you more today than I did when I first said "I do". Thank you for loving me unconditionally and teaching me what true love is. 




3 comments:

Susan said...

Happy anniversary! You and Patrick make a wonderful couple. I am so happy for you both. love you!

Jeff and Steph said...

come on, my son may see y'all kissing now, ha

Congratulations on the 1 year

Jeff

Jeff and Steph said...

Did you write this? :) Well put Sara!

Hope San Antonio was fun!