Friday, May 30, 2008

One More Week

As Sara and I talk about wrapping up our school years, I can't help to think about all the good and the bad. You can tell a lot about a teacher by how they judge their year. Many will tell you about their test scores; if the scores were good, they had a good year. I'm not that person. I judge my year based the growth of the students intellectually, emotionally, and their maturity. Now we all know you win some and you lose some. I feel that I have won a lot this year. I have been able to see all of my students mature in one or more areas. I'm not saying I had a perfect year; there were some tough times. But the good times far outweigh the tough.
I'm glad to be a teacher. I get to see growth. I get to be a part of molding and changing a life. And I get 2 and a half months off during the best time of the year. (Trust me...it's well earned.)

Gotta go...fireworks at the ballpark. I love being able to watch from my patio!

1 comment:

Girl Fisher said...

Happy almost end of the school year! Ooohhh fireworks! At our old aparment, we used to be able to see several shows from our patio on July 4th. Not any more!