Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day! I was reflecting on motherhood this morning when I was talking to my mom. I can't relate to motherhood seeing as I am not yet a mother. But what an incredible accomplishment that must be! I can only imagine what my mom must feel like, someday I will be able to share in those emotions. But for now, I can relate to being a daughter. So Mom, this blog is for you, Happy Mother's Day...
Thank you for the endless hours of doing the laundry, making lunches, cooking dinners, helping with homework, relinquishing control of the phone, television and car, performing ridiculous amounts of comic relief when a boyfriend broke up with us or a friend acted like a jerk, and for lending an ear every minute of the day. Thank you for driving me to college and listening to me cry for 8 hours and driving me home at the end of the year when I cried for 8 more. Thank you for being my best friend, confident, mother and shoulder to cry on. Thank you for supporting me, financially, emotionally and spiritually. Thank you for always being there even when I didn't want you to be, for keeping your distance when you knew I needed to be on my own, for knowing when to give just the right nudge and when to reel me in and for letting me go this summer to marry the man of my dreams. Most importantly Mom, thanks for being you, there is only one and you are the best! 
Here is a hysterical link to a video done by comic Anita Renfroe click here, enjoy! 

1 comment:

Girl Fisher said...

Awwww! So sweet! Beautiful picture!