Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Absolutely true stories...

I promise I will not bore you with a really long post about my not so interesting life. I have one dog story and a few from the start of the year...

Wrigley has decided that she does not like to sleep through the night anymore. Last night, we are still hoping it was the full moon, she decided at 11:30 (we had been a sleep for over an hour - come on now we are teachers!) to bark and wake us up! It took some cajoling (thank you Gooney Bird Green - more later) but finally after about 30 minutes of attention she went back in her crate and went bed. I guess this is why people say that getting a dog is great parent practice. I have to say I was no more tired than usual!

The school year is off to a great start! I love my job and I love teachable moments. Last week I read my favorite book, Gooney Bird Green to my class. It is about a 2nd grade class and one student in particular who tells "only absolutely true stories". My kids LOVED it! I wanted them to write about themselves so I had them write an absolutely true story about them. It was awesome what they produced! And this my friends...is why I teach!

No comments: