Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Election Time



Every 4 years a few fun things happen. Leap year, Summer Olympics, and the Presidential Election.
I love election time because most Americans start paying attention to politics. They find their own convictions and the try to defend them by voting for the person whose platform best matches what they believe. I know people have different convictions than I do, and I'm fine with that. The mere fact that a person is searching their inner thoughts and feelings is awesome.
However, I'm somewhat of a realist, and I understand that there are many people out there that cast their vote for president based on who looks better, who their parents vote for, who their friends vote for, or whose getting the best press coverage. That I can't stand.
So far, the media has attacked the families of some nominees, they have tried to misconstrue simple facts in order to cause controversy, and they have expressed their political opinion in fact form in their reports. This is unacceptable. I can't stand the fact that people who want learn more about the candidates are going to be bombarded by accusations of cover-ups and conspiracies that have been created or blown way out of proportion. When will we be able to just listen to what a candidate has to say, hear someone dissect their words (not their lives, or children's lives), and make a decision.
Since I'm not presenting an article in an unbiased form, I'm going to tell you that I support McCain and Palin. I support them for many reasons, their stance on morality, their plan to lower energy cost while finding alternative energy sources, their support for our troops in this fight for freedom, their willingness to shake things up and work across party lines to make a better country, and most importantly their desire to keep our country first.
I don't care if you disagree with me, that's your right, but if you've been complaining about how bad it has been for the last 4 years, please do some unbiased research before you make a decision. This is your chance to help make America better.

Please see the link below, I think it defines the character of the leader we need.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love the new blog layout...who did it?