Thursday, October 13, 2011

A love like no other...

When I got married 4 years ago to the most amazing man, I remember thinking I could never love anything more than my husband. As much as I love my husband that all changed on September 16, 2011...when our son was born! Ian Withington "Witt" joined us at 9:39pm weighing in at 8 pounds, 1.5 ounces and 20 inches long. He is perfect! Since that moment my opinions on love have changed dramatically.

Love is a strange thing. It makes you cry, it makes you laugh, it makes you numb. Is it possible to feel all these things at the same time? Ask a mother, and the answer is yes! My entire being changed that day, when I became a mother. Nothing prepared me for this kind of love. It is a love like no other! When I look at Witt I am overcome with emotion and love. It is indescribable. You can't put it into words, you can't illustrate it and you can't even begin to tell someone about it, you live it, every minute of every day! Love is a verb and that became more evident when Witt joined our lives.

We have settled in to our lives as parents as much as possible with a 4 week old! We are working out our "schedules" when there really is not schedule! We are loving every waking, crying, changing and feeding moment....and laughing through them all. If you are a mother than you know exactly what I am talking about. If you aren't I pray that you someday know the kind of love that a child brings. You won't be able to describe it!

No comments: