Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Merriment...


Wow, how the month of December has flown by! I know you are all bored of my dumb posts about my life and my dog and my wonderful husband...I could be creative and blog about funny things but I am all out of creativity right now so here is a small update. Do you like how this blog has turned into "updates".

We have had some fun times sharing with friends and family. We have indulged a little too much at party after party. We have spent many a night looking at Christmas lights, choreographed to music (not sure I need to hear Mannheim Steamroller for a while), and endless baking (there are cookies on the counter cooling right now). The end of school before break went by surprisingly fast...and great! I have great students and we have fun celebrating the upcoming holidays. I did a 5 days before winter break my teacher gave to me...it was fun to see them so excited over things like taking their shoes off or having Hershey's Kisses!

For those of you keeping up with Wrigley's training...she now walks into her crate on her own! Not only that, as I sit here and type, Patrick is on the couch and Wrigley is in her crate napping! You heard you me correctly, I did not miss type! She loves her crate, remember way back in September when we never thought this would happen! She is an amazing dog!

With the last of the gifts purchased and wrapped and some sent to family and Christmas upon us I can't help but reflect on the joys of the year. One more milestone to share...I will be spending the first Christmas of my life without my parents and siblings. We will be at home just Patrick, Wrigley and me, making some traditions of our own. I am an emotional person but I am ready to do this, to be a wife (and not have "daughter duties" as well) and spend this time with Patrick, a little removed from the hustle and bustle. This blog has served as a journal or sorts for me so I thank all of you who have enlightened me with your comments and posts. Thank you for sharing in the milestones of the year. There will be more reflecting to come...

Merry Christmas from our home to yours! Enjoy your family, friends and most of all the reason for Christmas, Christ's birth, what a gift!


No comments: