Saturday, March 10, 2012

5 months...


Well it appears I am way behind on blogging considering little man will be 6 months on Friday! That is ok, I will just relive 5 months. I'm not really a fan of him getting older anyway!
I think 5 months has been my favorite so far. Doesn't every new mom say that about EVERY month!? Surely I am no different, except of course my son IS the cutest!
Here are some 5 month milestones...some that are just happening this past week or two...
The doctor had mentioned that when he could sit for 5-10 seconds (what is that really) that he could start eating solid foods, i.e. cereal. We waited until about 5 months and started with a bowl. I really thought he would spit it out...I can't make it or feed it to him fast enough! He is devouring it nightly!
I was in the other room and Patrick yelled come in here. So I grab my phone (because every mom grabs her phone to document every waking moment of their child's life) and ran to Witt's room. I got there just in time to see him on his side and witness the first ever ROLL over! It has only happened one other time since then but we will take it! According to the doctor that was a four month milestone. It's ok, Witt can grow up a little slower!
We are sitting up! At first a little wobbly. I had him on our bed, nice soft, plushy mattress, you know great for sitting up on! Awesome for balance! Well, he has concurred that and is now sitting on his own every chance he gets! He can even sit on my lap with very little support! We still hate tummy time but try really hard to push up, then we get tired and realize that if we cry hard enough mom is a sucker and will pick me up!
Our little man is getting so big! Makes me a little teary eyed! Our life is so much more than we ever imagined it would be! The never ending cold, possible RSV, cough, wakeful nights, fussy evenings, perfect smiles and endless laughs make it ours...we love every minute!
Thanks for sharing in our lives! A six month update will come soon...

No comments: